Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Responsible for day to day operations of administrative support staff. Works closely with the members of the management team in order to provide seamless functionality in the operation of the treatment facility.
- Provides supervision to all administrative staff, including medical records and reception
- Provides technical assistance to staff on operational issues such as personnel policies, payroll, travel expenses, check requests, purchasing, record keeping and training.
- Responsible for planning, leading and documenting all safety drills in the frequency required by LHBS policy.
- Orients new employees to program including but not limited to safety procedures, IT needs, voicemail, office space assignment, etc.
- Responsible for tracking inventory of office supplies, personal care products used by patients, cleaning supplies & paper goods and ordering from approved vendors as needed.
- Responsible for managing petty cash and sending cash collected for client co-pays to finance for deposit.
- Tracks staff CPR certification and coordinates retraining as necessary to ensure an adequate number of staff have current certification.
- Coordinates with facilities to ensure that all required building inspections are current to meet standards set forth for licensing and certification.
- Monitors the sites needs in relation to maintenance, information technology, office machines and supplies.
- Prepares work orders for facilities and IT needs. Works closely with the facilities and IT department to ensure projects are completed as requested.
- Acts as the liaison to the LHBS billing team.
- Manages Alarm System and camera operations
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; Providing supervision of reception and medical records staff.
Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; detail oriented
Writes clearly and informatively. Knowledge of web based ordering platforms, basic computer skills and communication with outside vendors required.
High school diploma or GED required; Supervisory experience required; Detail oriented
Standard office administrative practices and procedures including the use of standard office equipment; computer applications; excel and word, and Google suite applications.Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.