Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 151400-1A
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019
Lahey Health is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Serves as first line of reception, both on the telephone and in person.
1. Answers switchboard within prescribed number of rings with standard greeting and identification of the organization.
2. Directs calls to proper extensions and/or voice mail or takes messages, as required.
3. Transfers telephone system to and from evening service, retrieving and relaying messages taken by the service.
4. Greets visitors and notifies appropriate staff of their arrival.
5. Collects client payments when payment is required; makes change; codes and issues payment receipt.
6. Complies with cash control procedures including preparation of daily cash receipt log and accuracy and security of cash box.
7. Helps keep reception area neat and clean.
8. Notifies the Manager on duty when there is a problem developing in the milieu/waiting area.
9. Keeps census log up to date and is responsible for getting medical/client charts from the Records Department.
10. On occasion may be asked to assist with general direct care duties.
11. Answers and uses TTY equipment as needed.
12. Remains familiar with AR-PLUS (or current) billing software. Electronically schedules client appointments.
13. Performs typing and other clerical tasks as required.
14. Additional related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds in an articulate and professional manner to questions. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting and a team player.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.