Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 150978-1A
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for the clinical management of assigned patients. Collaborates with other clinical staff and community providers to ensure that safe and therapeutic treatment is provided for all patients. In collaboration with the Director of Outpatient and Partial Hospital Services, plans appropriate individual and group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients. Supports the partial hospitalization mission in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
Monday through Friday 40 hours
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Carry a clinical caseload and maintain the required productivity level per the Program Director.
2. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
3. Complete accurate diagnostic assessments, develop treatment plans that are goal oriented and time limited and maintain appropriate plans.
4. Consistently provide appropriate individual, group and crisis intervention treatment for patients with mental health and substance abuse problems.
5. Assess crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate clinical treatment for patients.
6. Attend all treatment team meetings and work collaboratively with other team members.
7. Attend all appropriate clinical and administrative departmental meetings.
8. Support and implement administrative decisions in collaboration with PHP clinician.
9. Work with insurance to obtain approval for services provided.
10. Utilize and/or provide supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
At least one of the following: a Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, psychiatric nursing, social work, or other mental health field, or an R.N. with mental health experience. Any professional licenses or certifications must be current and maintained.Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills. Knowledge of insurance requirements and utilization review practices.
Exhibits competency in the following areas:
1) Individual and/or group psychotherapy with the PHP patient population
2) Assessment and evaluation of patients with mental health or substance abuse issues
3) Crisis intervention and management
4) Addictions treatment
5) De-escalation and restraint prevention
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.