Lahey Health Shared Servicesis a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the guidance of the Director of Network and Telecommunications, and within established hospital, clinic, and department policies and procedures, manages Network support services activities in a multi-vendor, multi-platform computer environment, and designs, develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures related to those activities. Responsibilities include the establishment of short and long range operational and tactical plans and objectives within the scope of department policies and goals. Responsible for managing the growth and daily technical support of the Institution-wide data networks, and for the installation, maintenance, and tuning of network software and hardware. Consults with the Director of Network and Telecommunications on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Network Operations
- Participates in Change Management and Root Cause Analysis meetings.
- Verifies and monitors all required activities in the Lahey IT ticketing system.
- Oversee the installation, configuration and support of various routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Oversee the installation, configuration and support of vendor management applications dealing with routers, switches, wireless access points, circuit monitoring and configuring management.
- Oversee the installation, configuration and support of appliances dealing with DHCP and DNS services.
- Manage databases for items such as circuit id’s, pictures and IP addressing.
- Maintain and or update network equipment images and configurations
- Prepares monthly reports for the Director of Network and Telecommunications on all relevant concerns.
- Develops standards of practice to include: physical layout of infrastructure wiring, networking products and protocol compliance.
- Participates in the development of disaster recovery practices for all network equipment device types.
- Update the dept. Web page dealing with issues of importance to Network Services personnel and others with selected interest.
- Monitor the Lahey Health computer network
- May be called to work off hours, weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the Institution.
- Required to carry a pager at all times.
- Network Service Management
- Manage the activities of Network Services personnel in providing support for Lahey Clinic's LAN/WAN.
- Manages outside contractors during project design, acquisition, and implementation with responsibilities for their performance, training, selection and termination.
- Responsible for the acquisition, training, development, and appraisal of Network Services support personnel and outside consultants including selection & termination of staff, changes in personnel status, and providing counseling and guidance to staff on career paths.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of all Network Services budgets including staffing, operating expenses, and capital.
- Verify vendor maintenance agreements for network equipment.
- Insure documentation is maintained for technical personnel dealing with network issues.
- Insure proper levels of backups are maintained for Data Communications equipment.
- Assist Application Development in defining network requirements for specific applications being utilized over the LAN/WAN and Wireless networks.
- Plans and evaluates complex existing network systems and makes recommendations for resources to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Maintains high level of technical expertise and recommends acquisitions and deployment of networking hardware and software equipment including network security policies and procedures.
- Team Development and Leadership
- Mentor, teach, and encourage staff to provide customer (colleagues and patients) centric support.
- Works with the Director of Network and Telecommunications to forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop a Network operations workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies.
- Directs departmental staff and workflow. Addresses performance issues, counsels’ colleagues. Makes recommendations and decisions re promotions, demotions, raises, performance appraisals, hiring, transferring and firing. Collaborates with Human Resources as appropriate. Participates in workforce management, hiring, interviewing and selection processes. Monitors performance of staff. Mentors and empowers staff. Manages daily workflow.
- In conjunction with the Director of Network and Telecommunications produces service catalogs for network functions that serve business needs.
- In conjunction with the Director of Network and Telecommunications provides intake project evaluations for network teams.
- Strategic Planning
- In conjunction with the Director of Network and Telecommunications perform long-term planning activities related to capital purchases, maintenance agreements, technology development, leveraging sourcing opportunities, staff development and advancement, and integrating new processes into the infrastructure environment.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Corporate and Department Policies
- Develops, updates, implements, and enforces departmental policies.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy
- Incorporate Lahey Health Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Comply with all Lahey Clinic Policies
- Participates in the budget process and operates within budget, promoting departmental efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in M.I.S., Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field. Additional 4 years’ experience will meet the Education minimum.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience
- 5 years as a Senior Network Engineer and 3 years of Information Technology Management in Networking
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Experience managing the following hardware:
- Layer 2/3 Switches (Cisco and Brocade)
- Wireless Network Devices
- Cabling infrastructure to include: Cat 5,5e,6 and 6a cable, riser cable, patch panels and SM & MM fiber optics
- Network Monitoring
- DWDM Packet switching
- DHCP and DNS appliances.
Successful implementation of the following technologies:
- Local and Metropolitan Ethernet
Understanding of the following protocols:
Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.