Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction and in collaboration with the VP of Addiction Treatment Services is responsible for the staffing structure, program design and implementation, fiscal, and facility management of the bed based detoxification program. He/she manages total resources to assure that the service meets established licensing and quality standards, as well as customer service objectives.
- Oversees the major administrative functions of the treatment facility including: administration of clinical and medical documentation and record keeping systems; development of operating policies and procedures; managing client flow and service utilization through defining client intake, treatment paths, and continuing care protocols; facility management including housekeeping and maintenance functions, as well as food service.
- Assures that the agency's standards of care are met through: ongoing consultation with the Medical Director; application of Quality Assurance and Customer Service Programs, implementation of Utilization Review mechanisms.
- Assures sound fiscal management of the programs in the facility through developing and monitoring all aspects of the Treatment Center budget, assuring maximum bed/service utilization and fee collection.
- Works in collaboration with Finance to monitor conformance to policies and procedures relative to fee structure, fee collection, and prior approval for managed care and other insurance carriers. Assures seamless communication between direct medical and clinical functions and agency billing department.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a record keeping system which conforms to all applicable monitoring and licensing entities including the establishment of protocols for accessing client records, design, timeliness and thoroughness of documentation, and storage and release of records in conformance with confidentiality regulations. Responsible for assuring that relevant facilities meet applicable health and safety standards.
- Provides overall management of all Treatment Center staff (See Supervisory Responsibilities below.)
- Develops marketing strategy and oversees its implementation. Represents the Treatment Center services within the agency’s service continuum, in the community and to external customers.
- Manages all program managers and coordinators of medical, clinical, and support services. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for managing the program budget of approximately $5 Million annually. In addition, works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other service providers.
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, health care management or other relevant degree and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required. Licensed candidates preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to relate to persons with substance use disorders in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
- Computer literate in standard desktop applications such as Windows, Word and Outlook.
Lahey Health Behavioral Services assist patients and families in communities in Greater Boston, the North Shore and the Merrimack Valley. We have assembled a dedicated and compassionate team of colleagues with expertise in multiple issues, including depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction and children’s behavioral health disorders.
Lahey Health sees Behavioral Health as integral to the care of individuals as well as to the health of populations at large. We are dedicated to providing the very best care comprehensive care to our community of patients and their loved ones. It is vitally important to our organization to have achieved top-of-class scores in patient satisfaction surveys.
Join our team in pursuit of compassionate, exceptional care by applying today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.