Location: Danvers, MA
Job ID: 150949-1A
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the direct report, during assigned shift, ensures the safety of the program milieu by assuring program security, monitoring, and other supportive tasks.
32 hours per wee, 3rd shift (overnight)
1. Observes and supervises buildings and grounds and reports anything unusual to supervisor/nurse on duty. Ensures the safety of the program milieu by performing all security, monitoring, and supportive tasks as assigned.
2. Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
3. Completes all necessary checklists and paperwork. Responsible for all shift documentation and record keeping in accordance with agency policies and procedures as directed, which may include accurate MIS paperwork/admissions procedures.
4. Interfaces in a professional manner with other agency units and agencies.
5. Attends daily rounds, weekly staff meetings, and weekly supervision, if directed.
6. Shares supervision of client programming and recreational activities, facilitates community meetings, and mediates client disputes as directed.
7. Inventories laundry and/or other supplies as needed.
8. Responsible for remaining on unit/campus until replacement coverage arrives.
9. Searches client belongings on admission and at discharge and/or as otherwise directed by supervisor.
10. Conducts telephone admission screenings as directed.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively.
Associates degree or Bachelors preferred in related field, must have experience working with substance abuse population. One to two years of training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification in CPR and valid MA driver’s license in good standing.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Lahey Health Behavioral Services assist patients and families in communities in Greater Boston, the North Shore and the Merrimack Valley. We have assembled a dedicated and compassionate team of colleagues with expertise in multiple issues, including depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction and children’s behavioral health disorders.
Lahey Health sees Behavioral Health as integral to the care of individuals as well as to the health of populations at large. We are dedicated to providing the very best care comprehensive care to our community of patients and their loved ones. It is vitally important to our organization to have achieved top-of-class scores in patient satisfaction surveys.
Join our team in pursuit of compassionate, exceptional care by applying today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.