Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 150969-1A
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2018
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
A clinically competent surgical technologist who works under the supervision of the nurse manager or registered nurse in delivering safe and effective care to the patient during intra-operative periods. The surgical technologist effectively interacts with patients and health care team members to maintain the surgical department standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Provides an aseptic, safe, fully equipped surgical environment.
2) Adheres to the principle of aseptic technique.
3) Assists in cleaning room and gathering equipment needed for procedure.
4) Selects instruments/supplies needed for procedure prior to procedure.
5) Assists with opening the case.
6) Performs surgical scrub according to procedure
7) Directly assists the surgical team during the surgical procedures.
8) Passes instruments and supplies in a safe and functional manner.
9) Handles specimens properly.
10) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17) Successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires successful completion of an approved surgical technologist program or surgical technologist training in the military services.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Up to one year of experience in a hospital required.
36 hours Evenings