This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Woburn, MA
Job ID: 149902-1A
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2019
Under moderate supervision from the IS Applications Manager, works with a team of Applications Systems Analysts and Applications Systems Engineers to perform a variety of IT tasks. The tasks include partnering with end-users on system related projects, producing functional specifications, adhering to IT system change management processes, completing system tests, troubleshooting/supporting existing production systems, leading and/or participating in system upgrades and leading and/or participating in new installations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers high quality work within appropriate timeframes.
- Works with the user community to develop functional business requirements that adhere to standard IT Project Methodology.
- Produces functional specifications, data conversion, and/or mapping criteria as determined for assigned projects from which programs will be written. May include cross-team coordination and cooperation within the Information Services Dept.
- Participates in and/or develops system test plans. Participates in the execution of the test plans.
- Leads and/or participates in systems upgrades. May lead and/or participate in the implementation of new systems. Possesses full knowledge of system design, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Supports assigned production environments: troubleshoots technical application issues, documents and manages incoming requests whether handled internally in IS or with a vendor. Understands the interdependencies and internal workings of assigned systems. Also, provides back-up support for other team members as needed.
- Participates in on-call (rotating) coverage.
- Provides training and mentoring to other team members.
- Produces and/or maintains project plans. (Projects evolve from medium to large and moderate to difficult.) Facilitates activities to insure that project milestones and deadlines are met. Manages and tracks to milestone schedules and deliverables. Reports on status of projects.
- Participates in ongoing system, technical, and industry related classes and seminars.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Bachelors Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelors degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
6+ years proven experience working in an Information Services Dept. or software vendor organization within the healthcare industry
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), presentation skills, interpersonal skills, project management skills, solid analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of the IS System Lifecycle.
- Proficiency in Google Suite of Office Products.
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and motivator
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Candidate will have a proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time, taking ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues.
- Ability to understand and document business processes
- Creative approach to process redesign
- Knowledge of HL7 interface standards
- Knowledge of process redesign
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems for Desktop and/or Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Knowledge of software applications utilized in Ancillary Testing and procedural departments (Pulmonary Function Testing, EKGs, Endoscopy, etc.).
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.