Location: Salem, MA
Job ID: 149714-1A
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
*Sign on bonus up to $3000* (pro-rated for part time)
Provide emergency psychiatric evaluations, care and assessment documentation for all clients who present for services. These evaluations are performed in hospitals, community and mobile based milieus. Applying differential diagnostic skills, incumbents provide telephone triage, mental status assessment, collateral contact with family supports, extended evaluations, resource screening, referrals for psychiatric consults, and assessments for appropriate disposition.
1. Provides emergency crisis evaluations and all related service delivery requirements for youth, adult and geriatric populations in multiple settings, including alliance vendor hospitals, our clinic, community based settings in the region and/or on-site.
2. Provides assessment, treatment interventions and crisis counseling.
3. Manage the acute phase of clients presenting in behavioral health crisis; assess, triage and refer clients to the appropriate services.
4. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with hospital based staff and other providers (i.e. insurance companies, PHP?s, O/P etc.) in order to effectively serve all clients in crisis.
5. Utilize supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information and accept performance feedback to incorporate into work plan and recalibrate approach and make improvements. Seek and accept guidance to manage difficult cases.
6. Maintain current working knowledge and use of all related, internal and external resources, policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to effectively serve clients with quality care in multiple settings and with ever changing program needs.
7. Answers telephone as needed and provides timely, appropriate assessment and determines next steps in support for clients with behavioral health needs.
8. Assists designated triage workers on an as needed basis.
9. Meets productivity standards as defined by estimated delivery of services (productivity is continuously assessed by program management).
10. Attend meetings and other team processes as required. Participate in, or complete special program assignments as assigned.
11. Complete timely and accurate documentation/assessments.
12. Provides assistance to colleagues in order to optimize the delivery of services to the client population.
13. Assists in ensuring the facility is clean and in good repair.
14. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
Full time, 40 hours per week
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.