This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peabody, MA
Job ID: 149262-1A
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2020
Category: Clinical Support
VARIABLE/PER DIEM. 8 hour shifts.
Supports the mission of the department by ensuing that the right patients receive the right
medication in a safe and timely manner under the direct supervision of an inpatient pharmacist. Develops a full
understanding of the drug distribution system and demonstrates competency in carrying out all duties associated
with delivering medications to the patient care units.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Delivers medication to the patient care units in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and MA Board of pharmacy regulation.
2) Accurately fills medications from the list provided by the automated dispensing machine.
3) Delivers medications to the automated dispensing machines on the patient care units in an accurate and timely manner; checks for errors such as expiration dates and wrong strengths.
4) In conjunction with other technician colleagues and supervisors ensures that all drug distribution functions are completed in a safe and timely manner; informs pharmacist and/or other supervisors of any workflow issues.
5) Repackages and compounds medications, as needed, in accordance with departmental procedures.
6) Maintains appropriate inventory levels in area of practice by rotating stock, checking for expired medications, informing pharmacy buyer when inventory levels are low, and checking in wholesaler order.
7) Understands and effectively utilizes all appropriate technology to accomplish job duties.
8) Answers telephone calls, triaging requests and following through with appropriate action.
9) Fully understands principles of IV medication preparation and develops competency to perform as IV room technician.
10) Completes monthly nursing station inspection assignments in a timely manner.
11) Actively participates in continuous performance improvement activities of the department, including providing suggestions on how to improve day-to-day operations.
12) Demonstrates competency in all required areas for a Pharmacy Technician I. Completes all departmental competency requirements
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Must be a registered technician or Pharmacy Intern with the MA Board of Pharmacy
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job description. Math skills required
Experience: Previous related clinical experience is preferred.
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!