Lahey Health Shared Servicesis a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing and recommending changes in support of assigned applications/systems including ongoing production maintenance and trouble-shooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of assigned applications/systems. Leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures. Participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution in relation to assigned projects. Provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for ongoing maintenance/support and trouble-shooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
- Defines, documents, builds and maintains EHR application content
- Creates functional specification documents to create content within the EHR application and is primarily responsible for validating this content with the business owner
- Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing
- Facilitates functional and integrated testing as requested
- Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential
- Provides end user support during implementation; able to serve as an application expert to assist in application roll-out
- Addresses post-go-live issues and requests and prioritizes work assignments
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
- Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates. Proactively manages barriers to fulfilling work requirements
- Participates in workflow design and understands system impact to end users
- Prepares demo materials for workflow discussions or new system functionality
- Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Provides on-call/after-hours support.
- Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Lahey Health Shared Services (LHSS) provides unified and streamlined administrative and operational services and support to all members of the Lahey Health system.
Through use of best practices, LHSS achieves greater efficiency and effectiveness across Lahey Health, helping create the most effective organization possible, for both our patients and our employees. LHSS is dedicated to leveraging resources across the organization to ensure high-quality, high-value care to the people and communities we care for so proudly.