This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 148791-1A
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Working in the Department of Translational Research, independently performs laboratory experiments with a primary focus on biomarker discovery. The scope of this role includes participation in research study design, method development, troubleshooting technical issues in the lab, training of laboratory staff, and implementation of new laboratory techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs a variety of cell and molecular biology laboratory experiments: significant experience with RNA/DNA isolation, qRT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western blot analysis, cell line maintenance and cell based assays, and immunohistochemistry
2) Evaluates research data and initiatives alternative approaches to improve quality of results. Documents results in laboratory notebooks and databases. Record results, organize and collate data (Microsoft Excel), and perform basic statistical analyses.
3) Monitors daily research activities including quality control and safety.
4) Assists in the compilation of information and statistics for grant applications.
5) Conduct procedures based on methods either published or routinely used. The decision to change protocols will be appropriately recorded and discussed with Director. The decision to adopt such changes will be made in consultation.
6) Establish link with other departments with whom cross-disciplinary research could be developed.
7) Continue to build the project's links with industrial, commercial and other academic partners outside the Institution.
8) Participate in the formulation of the Laboratory's scientific program and budget, ensuring the effective operation of his/her projects within the limitations of the approved budget.
9) Guidance and instruction to other members of the scientific and technical staff who may be assigned to him/her.
10) Participates in reporting research results.
11) Performs, develop and troubleshoot processes of biomolecules and biomolecular assay methodologies following established protocols
12) Other duties as assigned by the Director.
13) Ensures laboratory is in state of readiness for any and all inspections.
14) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
15) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
16) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
17) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to function under pressure and without supervision. Able to determine and implement priorities. Word processing/personal computer/database management skills.
Knowledge of assessing techniques and reporting. Extensive knowledge of data gathering, analysis, and interpretation approaches. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and staff at all levels. Ability to manage time and resources. Knowledge of mathematics sufficient to perform the required calculations for computation of results and for preparation of appropriate cell suspensions and solutions.
Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in biology or related field
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong organizational and communication skill, ability to function independently and to devise creative ways of obtaining information, knowledge of medical terminology and medical practice, ability to interact with professional personnel at all levels, knowledge of computer databases and knowledge of computer word processing systems. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of relevant molecular biology lab experience or a Master's Degree with at least 3 years of relevant molecular biology lab experience
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.