Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 148634-1A
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader, performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic procedures to produce images of body structures for the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders. Work includes but is not limited to OR, ER, Fluoroscopic, inpatient and outpatient populations, utilizing ionizing radiation. Monitors and maintains essential patient care and safety including practicing ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Flexibility to work overtime/cover at other sites as needed, on-call and holiday rotation mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic procedures to produce images for use in the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders.
2. Obtains and documents necessary patient information or history in order to perform appropriate exam.
3. Documents all pertinent information involving the use of IV/oral contrast in medical record.
4. Begins and completes exams using the (Radiology Information System) RIS with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time.
5. Labels all images with correct patient information and technologist?s initials with 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
6. Ensures Quality Control of the exams by using the PACS system.
7. Evaluates images to identify errors and determine whether a repeat study is necessary to improve the image for diagnoses. Ensures that all radiographic exams achieve a quality repeat rate equaling less than 5%.
8. Applies the lowest dose of ionizing radiation that is reasonably achievable, known as ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable), required to produce clear images.
9. Readily and willingly contributes to team approach to provide optimal quality care for patients.
10. Readily works off-sites as needed.
11. Maintains licensure on an annual basis.
12. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
13. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16. Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
18. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20. This position requires moving about on foot throughout the department and hospital and from station to station. Position also requires using upper extremities to exert force in order to push, pull or drag equipment and/or transport patients. Position also requires frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to position patients. Position also requires manual dexterity in order to perform manipulative skills such as turning dials, pushing buttons, and filling syringes.
Education: Two year AMA accredited School of Radiologic Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health: Radiation Control Program in Radiography. Certified in basic life support (BLS).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in the use Radiologic equipment including C-arms/portable or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency.
Experience: Completion of a Clinical internship in a hospital setting.
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.