Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 148427-1A
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Production Manager and within established hospital and department policies provides direct supervision over functional area which includes: responsibility for salad and cold food production for cafeteria, patient services and functions. Supervises salad attendants while fulfilling production requirements which will be set up in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds and push cart weighting 100 pounds
- Entire shift spent standing or walking, bending
- Demonstrated knife skills; able to follow recipes
- Manual dexterity with both hands required
- Must work with potentially hazardous equipment such as knives, meal slicer and buffalo chopper
- Ability to hear, speak and read English
- Good verbal communication skills
- Two years food service production experience prepared
- Some supervisory experience preferred or demonstrated supervisory ability
- Ability to interact with the public
DAYS, 20 hours, per week
Every other weekend. 1 summer and 1 winter holiday.