Location: Lawrence, MA
Job ID: 148327-1A
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Full-time 40 hours
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Provides a welcoming environment for the client while in the Community Based Clinic, or Emergency Department.
2. Provides comfort items as needed i.e. food, encouragement, support, activities while waiting.
3. Works collaboratively with the ESP evaluator and assists in arranging services to which the individual is being referred.
4. Ensures that the client understands what is happening during the evaluation process and assists with communication.
5. Shares skills learned that have been useful in managing stress in the community.
6. Engages appropriately with clients to support them in identifying strengths, existing supports and community resources.
7. Assists and supports clients in the Crisis Stabilization Unit as needed.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
T-About the Job
Works as part of the Emergency Services Program staff to provide a safe and welcoming environment for the client presenting for mental health crisis evaluations in the ED, clinic, or during mobile evaluations.
Bachelor degree preferred, other education/training/experience considered. Have personal knowledge of mental illness via their own lived experience with recovery. Currently have Certification as a Peer Specialist or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
Demonstrates good boundaries regarding confidentiality and personal relationships, while at the same time be able to share personal knowledge about recovering from mental illness.
Demonstrates strong knowledge and skills regarding the recovery process.
Demonstrates the ability to evaluate what is needed by each individual and adjust approach accordingly. Have in-depth knowledge of local resources.