Lahey Health Shared Servicesis a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Services, and within established hospital, clinic, and department policies and procedures, support network activities in a multi-vendor, multi-platform computer environment. Responsible for the daily technical support of the Institution-wide computer networks, and for the installation, maintenance, and tuning of network software and hardware. Provides technical assistance to the Network Architect for the installation of new technologies as well as providing next level support to Network Engineers. Consults with the Manager of Network Services on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Participates in Change Management and Root Cause Analysis meetings as directed.
- Documents all required activities in the Lahey IT ticketing system.
- Install, configure and support various routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Install, configure and support various vendor management applications dealing with routers, switches, wireless access points, circuit monitoring and configuring management.
- Install, configure and support appliances dealing with DHCP and DNS services.
- Provides detailed network diagrams as needed using Microsoft Visio.
- Updates databases for items such as circuit ids, pictures and IP addressing.
- Maintain and or update network equipment images and configurations
- As assigned by the Manager of Network Services prepares monthly reports for IT management on all relevant concerns.
- Participates in the development of standards of practice to include: physical layout of infrastructure wiring, networking products and protocol compliance.
- Participates in the development of disaster recovery practices for all network equipment device types.
- Update the dept. Web page dealing with issues of importance to Network Services personnel and others with selected interest.
- Monitor the Lahey Health computer network and recommends to the Manager of Network Services resolutions to concerns.
- May be called to work off hours, weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the Institution.
- Required to carry a pager at all times.
Sr. Network Engineer Specific
- Responds to user complaints to research complex problems associated with the organizations computer network.
- Responsible for providing technical support for Lahey Health computer network design activities.
- Responsible for assisting in the research of emerging network equipment, their installation and configuration requirements.
- Provides to the Manager of Network Services planning, engineering, architecture and technical standards for new network products and technologies.
- Provide support for the Lahey Health DWDM network.
- Maintains expert level of technical knowledge.
- Provides technical support and training to departments Network Engineers as required.
- Provide first and second level on-call support on a rotating basis
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Network Services
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Lahey Health Shared Services (LHSS) provides unified and streamlined administrative and operational services and support to all members of the Lahey Health system.
Through use of best practices, LHSS achieves greater efficiency and effectiveness across Lahey Health, helping create the most effective organization possible, for both our patients and our employees. LHSS is dedicated to leveraging resources across the organization to ensure high-quality, high-value care to the people and communities we care for so proudly.