Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 148058-1A
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2018
VARIABLE/ Min. of 24 hrs per schedule, weekends and holidays defined by Nurse Manager
T-About the Job
Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs basic patient care activities in providing for the personal needs, comfort and safety of patients. The Therapeutic Safety Companion (TSC) will be assigned to continuously observe patients that have been identified to be at risk for safety. The TSC supports a culture of safety and carries out safety interventions for all patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
A. Cares for patients as delegated by the registered nurse and completes all aspects of activities of daily living for assigned patient (refer to Delegation Competency for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel)
1. May take and record the following:
- Reports all unusual observations or reactions of the patient to the nurse assigned to the patient or charge nurse
2. Intake and Output: Measure & record oral fluid intake as well as urine and stool output on appropriate Nsg flow sheet
3. Activities of Daily Living: Provides patients with personal care and assist with activities of daily living
4. Nutrition: Provides for patients nutritional needs including: assisting the patient with ordering room service, set up of meal tray, assists feeding the patient as required, documents calorie counts and performs appropriate oral care
5. Infection Control: Adheres to all applicable infection control policies and procedures
6. Adheres to all standards discussed in Therapeutic Safety Companion Guidelines
B. Organizational Requirements:
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department
Education: Requires a high school diploma or GED.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic ability to read, write and perform basic four-function math.
Ability to obtain knowledge of medical terminology, basic personal computer skills, and interpersonal skills.
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!