Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 147471-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Empties and relines waste receptacles, paying particular attention to the safe and proper handling of hazardous waste
- Makes beds when unoccupied as well as checking to be sure beds are functioning properly and if not, notifying maintenance when repairs are needed
- Dry mop, wet mop and disinfect floors
- Damp wipe and spot clean surfaces with disinfectant
- Clean and disinfect bathroom commodes and other fixtures
- Cleans rooms of discharged patients
- Use pager and telephone in accordance with the Beds Tracking to receive and record successful
completion of cleaning assignments
- Clean, disinfect and re-make beds
- Other duties as directed
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- The ability to follow instructions and take verbal direction in English, read messages on a pager, and communicate with staff on phone and/or in person is required.
- You must be able to use cleaning supplies and equipment and our staff will thoroughly train candidates to meet sanitation standards.
- Since you will be on your feet and bending for the entire shift, it's important that you are able to do so.
DAYS, 32 hours,
7am-3:30pm with every other weekend and rotating holidays