Location: Boston, MA
Job ID: 147108-1A
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2019
Category: Service and Trades
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
Per Diem, flexible schedule
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
T-About the Job
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for clients, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
1. Plans and/or follows a weekly menu consisting of well-balanced nutritious meals that meet USDA requirements ensuring proper taste and temperature.
2. Prepares appetizing, healthy, well balanced meals and snacks; meeting all meal schedules.
3. Inspects all food for quality and quantity prior to serving.
4. Prepares meals for special events and Holidays.
5. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
6. Responsible for set up and clean-up of food production; adheres to kitchen cleanliness and sanitary guidelines as directed by the local board of health.
7. Responsible for opening and closing kitchen and ensuring the food is properly stored.
8. In collaboration with the Program Director, orders and maintains supplies.
9. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with food suppliers.
10. Meets with direct supervisor for regular supervision meetings and comes prepared to meeting.
11. Oversees appropriate food service follow through by program staff during after-hours and weekends; including refrigerator temperature logs, snack counts, etc.
12. Participates in required trainings related to the organization and program as well as changing food service regulations.
13. Other related duties as assigned.
Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Must have documented evidence of training in such related areas as nutrition/menu planning in an institutional setting. Provision of any health documentation which might be required by regulatory agencies (Serve Safe certification, Allergy Awareness certification etc.).
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation.