This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 146646-1A
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Category: Clinical Support
Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs basic patient care activities in providing for the personal needs, comfort and safety of patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
A. Cares for patients as delegated by the registered nurse and completes all aspects of activities of daily living for assigned patients (refer to Delegation Competency for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel).
1. Vital Signs: May take and record the following:
- vital signs
- height and weight
- oxygen saturation
- Reports all unusual observations or reactions of the patient to the nurse assigned to the patient or charge nurse.
2. Intake and Output: Collects various specimens for analysis and measures and records intake and output.
3. Activities of Daily Living: Provides patients with personal care and assist with activities of daily living.
4. Clinical Procedures: Performs basic clinical procedures independently or under direct supervision of a nurse.
5. Nutrition: Provides for patients nutritional needs including: assisting the patient with ordering room service, set up of meal tray, and feeds the patient as required.
6. Safety: Supports a culture of safety and carries out safety interventions for all patients.
7. Infection Control: Adheres to all applicable infection control policies and procedures.
8. Sitter: Assist as patient safety attendant after completion of required competency.
9. Orientation: Assists with orientation of new Nursing Assistant colleagues.
10. Performs additional unit based activities as assigned.
Education: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: BLS with American Heart Association (required if working in the Emergency Room)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Basic ability to read, write and perform basic four-function math.
Ability to obtain knowledge of medical terminology, basic personal computer skills, and interpersonal skills.
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!