Location: Burlington, MA
Job ID: 145288-1A
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Responsible for preparing, planning and setting up of breakfast, lunch or dinner items as needed for Self Service stations of cafeteria. May need to cover for customer service at the Sandwich Board and/or the counter.
Education: High School graduate preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Manual dexterity with both hands
- Significant portion of daily assignments may involve application of manual skill requiring eye and hand coordination
- Able to use both hands with equal facility
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds and push cart weighting at least 50 pounds
- Standing or walking for entire shift
- Some bending
- May work with potentially hazardous equipment such as knives.
- Nature of duties may also allow for exposure to chemicals used in cleaning, some of which are corrosive
- High noise level
- Able to read and write English
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
- Basic organizational skills
- Ability to interact with public
DAYS/PER DIEM, Flexible hours
Every other weekend shift required
Rotating Holidays - one sumer holiday and one winter hoilday