This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lynn, MA
Job ID: 144263-1A
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2020
Category: Clinical Professional
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Is accountable for safely managing the administration of medication and monitoring effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s safety status to the registered nurse.
2. Collaborates with other members of the team in providing health information and maintenance of the medical record.
3. Monitors the patient milieu for safety issues and assists with promoting a positive therapeutic environment.
4. Responds to patient care needs and issues, assists patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborates with and directs other staff to assist with any patient nursing needs.
5. Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed.
6. Is expected to participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans, educates recovery specialist on proper medication dispensing guidelines and reports directly to the program director/nurse supervisor any issues for each client.
7. Administers medications to assigned patients (LPN’s approved for administration of medications must have satisfactorily completed a medication course for LPNs and approved by the In-service Department for administration of medications). Ensure that all medications are dispensed correctly according to agency policies.
8. Complies with agency personnel policies and procedures as, well as with policies and procedures specific to the facility.
9. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
Part time, 8 hours per week. 4 hours on Saturday & 4 hours on Sunday (flexible on hours)
The Lahey Model of Care—right care, right time, right place—is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.