Search Our Jobs
Behavioral Health Clinician 40 hoursJob ID 150106 Date posted 09/18/2018
Assumes responsibility for the clinical management of assigned patients. Collaborates with other clinical staff and community providers to ensure that safe and therapeutic treatment is provided for all patients. In collaboration with the Director of Outpatient and Partial Hospital Services, plans appropriate individual and group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients. Supports the partial hospitalization mission in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Carry a clinical caseload and maintain the required productivity level per the Program Director.
2. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
3. Complete accurate diagnostic assessments, develop treatment plans that are goal oriented and time limited and maintain appropriate plans.
4. Consistently provide appropriate individual, group and crisis intervention treatment for patients with mental health and substance abuse problems.
5. Assess crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate clinical treatment for patients.
6. Attend all treatment team meetings and work collaboratively with other team members.
7. Attend all appropriate clinical and administrative departmental meetings.
8. Support and implement administrative decisions in collaboration with PHP clinician.
9. Work with insurance to obtain approval for services provided.
10. Utilize and/or provide supervision to enhance professional improvement and development.
11. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
12. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
13. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Restraint Prevention as well as other competencies as required by the position.
15. Maintain professional license &/or certification through participation in continuing education opportunities that are relevant to working with the PHP patient population.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
At least one of the following: a Masters degree in clinical or counseling psychology, psychiatric nursing, social work, or other mental health field, or an R.N. with mental health experience. Any professional licenses or certifications must be current and maintained.Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills. Knowledge of insurance requirements and utilization review practices.
Exhibits competency in the following areas:
1) Individual and/or group psychotherapy with the PHP patient population
2) Assessment and evaluation of patients with mental health or substance abuse issues
3) Crisis intervention and management
4) Addictions treatment
5) De-escalation and restraint prevention
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 150106 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.