Search Our Jobs
EHR Applications Analyst IIIJob ID 150070 Date posted 09/12/2018
Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing and recommending changes in support of assigned applications/systems including ongoing production maintenance and trouble-shooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of assigned applications/systems. Leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures. Participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution in relation to assigned projects. Provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for ongoing maintenance/support and trouble-shooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
- Defines, documents, builds and maintains EHR application content
- Creates functional specification documents to create content within the EHR application and is primarily responsible for validating this content with the business owner
- Validates content of functional specification created by Analysts I or II and provides feedback as necessary
- Mentors more junior colleagues in the development of application knowledge and assists colleagues in redesigning processes in adherence with system requirements
- Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing
- Facilitates functional and integrated testing as requested
- Creates and provides documentation as required to the testing and training team
- Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate; works closely with product support to close/resolve open support cases
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential
- Provides end user support during implementation; able to serve as an application expert to assist in application roll-out
- Addresses post-go-live issues and requests and prioritizes own work assignments and those of the more junior colleagues based on project plan requirements
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
- Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates. Proactively manages barriers to completing work requirements
- Contributes to the development of the project plan and manages mini-projects within the defined scope of the overall project
- Participates in workflow design and understands system impact to end users
- Prepares demo materials for workflow discussions or new system functionality
- Able to concisely demonstrate system functionality to end users with or without the assistance of other team members
- Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements
- Provides on-call/after-hours support.
- Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Bachelor?s Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelor?s degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- EPIC Certification preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Capable of managing several projects and multiple priorities at once
- Self-starter and motivator
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through, and commitment to excellence
- Candidate will have a proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time, taking ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues
- Ability to understand and document business processes
- Creative approach to process redesign
- Able to teach others and serve as a mentor to develop departmental colleagues
- Understanding of HIPAA security regulations and Lahey Clinic?s security policies
- Knowledge of HL7 coding standards
- Understanding of dependencies of other ancillary applications and interfaces to the Epic systems
- Working knowledge of Bridges
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Baseline knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio
- Knowledge of process redesign
- Two (2) years of experience implementing, designing, and / or managing a variety of Electronic Health Record and clinical systems using multiple software programs and network applications
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development
- Experience in full implementation software development cycle
- Experience managing small projects with defined duration and scope
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.