Search Our Jobs
Reg & Scheduling Specialist/Full-Time/BeverlyJob ID 149977 Date posted 09/05/2018
Under general supervision of the department supervisor and/or manager, and following established procedures, performs a variety of tasks associated with the registration, scheduling, and collection of critical billing information for patients utilizing the clinic. Acts as a frontline representative of Lahey Health exercising the highest standards of customer service in all interactions with patients and staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Registers all new and established outpatients upon arrival, verifying, collecting co-payments, and updating required information where needed. Is responsible for collecting and data-entering information with high degree of accuracy.
2. Statuses all appointments at the time of check-in. Confirms that all appointments are statused by the end of the business day to ensure that all appointments may have appropriate charges posted. Enters all future appointment requests and indicates patient preferences or exclusions for dates and/or times. Schedules multiple appointments in the proper sequence and within appropriate time frames.
3. Regularly rounds with patients in waiting areas and provides patients with status updates as they relate to appointment wait times and changes.
4. Monitors patient waiting areas for cleanliness and appearance.
5. Works collaboratively with the Access Center at LHMC to schedule patients and create access.
6. Meets established department productivity standards.
7. Floats to other areas as needed based on staffing and volume.
8. Demonstrates efficiency in answering the phone and registering patients in-person utilizing AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You). Manages incoming calls professionally.
9. Maintains a professional and courteous manner and provides communication in a manner consistent with customer satisfaction, service excellence strategies, and Lahey Standards of Behavior.
10. Escalates questions/issues to appropriate resources in order to facilitate access and patient/provider satisfaction.
11. Works on the scheduling work queues and recall lists by calling patients to set up appointments.
12. Provide each patient with appropriate paperwork per clinic.
13. Maintains flexibility by adjusting schedule to meet the needs of the department.
14. Administers MSPQ Survey to all Medicare patients, in accordance with Medicare and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
1.Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
2. Incorporate Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
3. Comply with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
4. Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
5. Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
7. Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
8. Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
9. Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
10. Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience in a high volume customer service related position.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong customer service skills, strong PC skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.