Search Our Jobs
SBO Cash Specialist 1Job ID 149906 Date posted 08/30/2018
Under general supervision of the Manager of Professional and Hospital Cash, and within regulatory requirements, the Single Billing Office Cash Specialist is responsible for processing electronic and manual charge and cash revenue transactions into the electronic medical record.
The Single Billing Office Cash Specialist provides a vital role to the patients, family members, Finance, and Revenue Cycle for the Lahey Health Enterprise System. This position is responsible for supporting the Customer service department, posting of self pay payments, credit balances, cash balancing, reconciliation and depositing cash for all Lahey health sites, as well as the patient window inquiries at LHMC. Position is required to meet stringent quality, productivity and time sensitive standards The primary role of the SBO Cash Specialist is to act as a liaison to our customers, departments and physician practices on all matters regarding cash.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Timely verification and reconciliation of electronically received charge or remittance revenue transactions originating from a variety of charge capture and specialty driven computer systems and health insurers.
- Assists customers with statement, bill and copay issues to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Works with all the LH hospitals, off sites practices, and departments (LHMC) throughout the organization to ensure the daily cash bag is balanced and everything is documented on cash sheet as appropriate
- Working in a SBO (Single Billing Office), environment the SBO Cash Specialist will need to have knowledge in Hospital and Professional Billing in order to assist the customer on questions related to their bills and statements received from insurance companies.
- Resolves unapplied cash, payment plans and cosmetic services
- Resolves self pay credits and refunds to patient as necessary
- Posting of self pay payments to the patient?s account
- Responsible for the disbursement and documentation of Petty cash for LHMC
- Prepares and reconciles bank deposits
- Monitors the Deposit tool to ensure timely deposits from off-sites
- Investigates debits and credits for Finance department
- Maintains appropriate audit results or achieves exemplary audit results. Meet productivity standards or consistently exceeds productivity standards.
- Provides and promotes ideas geared toward process improvements within the Central Billing Office.
- Assists the Cash Manager with the resolution of complex credits and self pay accounts
- Completes projects and research as assigned.
High School Diploma required, bachelor?s degree preferred
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Billing Certification preferred
2 years of experience in cash management and customer service or related fields
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Understanding and ability to utilize various electronic, web based and manual coding resources
- Ability to perform transactions in a patient accounting system
- Proficient data entry computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheets and work files in performing work tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Skillful ability to use calculators to reconcile amounts
- Strong communication skills including verbal in person, telephone and written
- Demonstrated ability in being a cooperative and productive member of team
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to continue to learn skills and expand knowledge
- Strong multitasking skills
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care?right care, right time, right place?is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.