Search Our Jobs
Nursing Informatics Specialist - Surgical ServicesJob ID 18-939 Date posted 09/20/2018
Want to be part of a Magnet Recognized Hospital Family who are Experts in Advanced Surgical Specialties?
Coach - Support - Educate - Transform
Magnet Recognized Winchester Hospital is currently seeking a Nurse Informatics Specialist, who is committed to the mission of providing support and education to our Surgical Services Team to ensure a safe and quality environment for themselves and their patients.
Join a team that provides its patients with state-of-the art technology and wide spectrum of advanced surgical specialties while delivering community hospital compassion with high-quality personalized care. Be part of a superior team that is named a national Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. Be part of a supportive & rewarding family that is powered by promising to give all patients a voice.
Together we can make your career journey here!
As a Nursing Informatics Specialist for our Surgical Services Team (OR, PACU, Endoscopy, Ambulatory Surgery, Anesthesia and Pain Clinic), you will be responsible for the following:
• Develop, implement and maintain all the functionality of the EPIC OP Time Application
• Provide daily end user support, as well as, deliver analytical and technical skills/expertise necessary to produce high level access, reporting and analysis monitoring to maximize overall performance of surgical services
• Manage and assess all EPIC educational tools and resources for the surgical services team
• Support the Surgical Services Team in creating an environment of best practices, using research and clinical expertise to improve patient outcomes and competencies throughout the unit(s)
• Bachelor's Degree (nursing or relevant field). Preferred: Master's Degree
• Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Demonstrated clinical experience in Surgical Services
- Preferred : ANCC Nursing Informatics C ertification upon hire . Certification in ANCC Nursing Informatics required within 12 months.
- Expert communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to coordinate, prioritize tasks and project components. Preferred: Experience developing and presenting educational programs.