Search Our Jobs
Manager Outpatient Pharmacy ServicesJob ID 149835 Date posted 08/24/2018
The Manager of Outpatient Pharmacy Services manages the daily operations of the outpatient pharmacy at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, and interfaces with health care professionals and patients to promote the use of the Outpatient Pharmacy. The Manager of Outpatient Pharmacy Services develops patient-oriented pharmacy programs and services by supervising pharmacists and technicians to improve the work flow and efficiency of the pharmacy operation and focus on safe, cost-effective provision of pharmacotherapy services to Lahey patients and employees. He or she also designs and implements systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data related to medication safety, business growth and utilization, and customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Ensures safe and efficient prescription services to clinic patients and employees through continuous process review, improvement and ongoing quality assurance measures.
2) Manages and coaches pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to maintain the daily workflow of the department.
3) Serves as leader in promoting appropriate use of outpatient pharmacy services through designing, evaluating and improving programs.
4) Serves as a liaison with other pharmacy areas and other healthcare disciplines (such as medical staff, nursing, case management) in clinics and discharging units to develop programs encouraging the utilization of outpatient pharmacy services for Lahey patients and employees.
5) Completes and analyzes month-end financial and productivity reports, and applies data to program and process evaluation and development.
6) Assures staff competency in applicable areas, and works with human resources related to personnel management.
7) Assures optimal, cost effective procedures related to medication inventory through regular review and management.
8) Reconciles accounts receivable with finance department and attends ongoing Revenue Cycle meetings.
9) Develops and maintains contracts with pharmacy benefits management companies.
10) Assures compliance with all regulatory agencies for pharmacy practice.
11) Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
12 Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
13) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
14) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
15) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
16) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
17) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
18) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
19) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
20) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Commonwealth of Massachusetts registration in pharmacy
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Clinical, business and analytical skills. Knowledge of regulatory bodies such as, but not limited to, the Joint Commission, Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, DEA. Requires strong computer proficiency with tools such as Microsoft-based office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Requires strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff in making therapy recommendations; assisting in resolving problems concerning the provisions of outpatient pharmacy services; supervising, training and motivating staff to excel.
Experience: Three years? experience in retail or clinic pharmacy practice with at least 2 years of managerial responsibilities. Must possess excellent written and communication skills with previous marketing experience and the ability to create new business development. Must have demonstrated presentation skills.
DAYS, may include weekend coverage
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.