Search Our Jobs
Maternal-Child Health Clinical Practice SpecialistJob ID 18-925 Date posted 09/20/2018
Job Details: Want to be part of a Magnet Recognized Hospital Family that is Driven by the Commitment of Education & Safety for its Patients?
Coach - Educate - Support - Collaborate
Winchester Hospital is currently seeking a Maternal Child Health Clinical Practice Specialist for their Nursing Staff Development Team, who is committed to the mission of providing parents with support and education to ensure a safe and quality environment for themselves and their newborns.
Join a team that is powered by a promise to give all patients a voice while delivering community hospital compassion with high-quality personalized care.
Together we can make your career journey here!
As a Maternal Child Health Clinical Practice of our Nursing Staff Development Team, you will be responsible for the following:
• Develop, implement and assess all education tools and resources for the maternal child health nursing staff
• Become a strategic player in the hospital's performance improvement projects and initiatives as well as foster a commitment to the success of these goals and directives
• By providing clinical consultations, collaborate with Nurse Managers to foster an environment of best practices, using research and clinical expertise to improve patient outcomes and nursing competency through the unit(s)
• Serve as the clinical expert in the patient's healthcare team, providing consultation on the patient's plan of care in order to optimize patient outcomes
• Mentor and support nurses through professional development including advancement of educational degrees, specialty certifications and organizational membership
• Act as the clinical and operational resource for Nursing Staff Development while participating with Nurse Managers to acclimate and educate new staff members
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and actively pursuing
Master's Degree (nursing or relevant field). Must obtain
Master's Degree within 5 years of hire. Preferred:
Masters Degree upon hire
• Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Evidence of clinical experience in Labor and Delivery.
• Certification in clinical specialty required within 12
months. Preferred: C ertification in clinical specialty upon hire.