Search Our Jobs
Access Representative Greeter, Emergency, per diemJob ID 149752 Date posted 08/19/2018
Beverly Hospital, A member of Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
Under the direction of the Director, Manager and/or Supervisor of Patient Access Services, performs functions which include greeting patients, assisting family members of patients, paging security, registering patients, verifying insurances for eligibility/benefits and obtaining authorizations or pre-certifications when needed. Includes the collection and/or notification of any out-of-pocket payments the patient may owe for insurance co-payments or deposits for the services rendered if applicable. Observes all health and safety requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced education preferred.
• 1-2 years experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in registration.
• Typing speed 50 WPM, CRT experience, medical terminology.
• Third party payor knowledge and insurance background required.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills