Search Our Jobs
Program Director, Tewksbury TSSJob ID 149778 Date posted 08/23/2018
Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Tewksbury Campus Senior Program Director, the Program Director is responsible for the overall administration of a forty bed Transitional Support Services (TSS) Program including program design and implementation and fiscal and facility management. The program director is responsible for ensuring that services meet established licensing and quality standards, as well as customer service objectives. The individual in this position is required to participate in rotating weekend and after hours on call coverage for the program.
1. Ensures the program is compliant with regulatory and contractual requirements at all times.
2. Develops implements and enforces corporate and program specific policies and procedures.
3. Provides training and supervision to ensure that evidence base practices are used in daily programming.
4. Has knowledge of Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorders.
5. Ensures that staffing ratios are met at all times.
6. Ensures sound fiscal management through the monitoring of the programs operating budget and identifying and implementing cost saving measures.
7. Develops and maintains working relationships with other community based service providers including but not limited to: medication assisted treatment programs, primary health care, community based outpatient services and social service programs.
8. Manages client flow and service utilization including client intake, treatment paths and continuing care protocols.
9. Ensures bed utilization meets established budget targets on a monthly basis.
10. Develops and implements systems to access the quality of client records, ensure timeliness and thoroughness of documentation and ensures the storage of records in conformance with confidentiality regulations.
11. Participates in rotating on-call coverage.
12. Represents the agency at trade association level of care meetings
13. Maintains necessary records and prepares necessary reports.
14. Participates in monthly divisional leadership meetings and other leadership meetings as requested.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Provides direct administrative supervision to the Clinical Supervisor, Recovery Specialist Supervisor, Admission Coordinator, Program Support Manager, Nurse and Kitchen Supervisor. Indirectly supervises all other staff including case management, recovery support and kitchen staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies and applicable laws. Participates in interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for managing approximately $1,700,000
Listens and gets clarification when needed; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from consumers, regulatory agencies, or other service providers.
Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare management, Social work or another related field required. At least three years of supervisory experience required. A minimum of five years of experience in a behavioral health residential program and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience may be substituted for a Bachelor?s degree.
Master?s degree in business, healthcare management, social work or another related field preferred.
Openness to Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorders required. Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Knowledge of program administration, budget development and management and the ability to effectively use standard Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. A Massachusetts Driver?s License is also required.
Full time, 40 hours per week, benefited position