Search Our Jobs
Emergency Services Clinician, *Sign on bonus up to $3000*Job ID 149714 Date posted 09/14/2018
*Sign on bonus up to $3000*
Provide emergency psychiatric evaluations, care and assessment documentation for all clients who present for services. These evaluations are performed in hospitals, community and mobile based milieus. Applying differential diagnostic skills, incumbents provide telephone triage, mental status assessment, collateral contact with family supports, extended evaluations, resource screening, referrals for psychiatric consults, and assessments for appropriate disposition.
1. Provides emergency crisis evaluations and all related service delivery requirements for youth, adult and geriatric populations in multiple settings, including alliance vendor hospitals, our clinic, community based settings in the region and/or on-site.
2. Provides assessment, treatment interventions and crisis counseling.
3. Manage the acute phase of clients presenting in behavioral health crisis; assess, triage and refer clients to the appropriate services.
4. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with hospital based staff and other providers (i.e. insurance companies, PHP?s, O/P etc.) in order to effectively serve all clients in crisis.
5. Utilize supervision effectively by sharing pertinent information and accept performance feedback to incorporate into work plan and recalibrate approach and make improvements. Seek and accept guidance to manage difficult cases.
6. Maintain current working knowledge and use of all related, internal and external resources, policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to effectively serve clients with quality care in multiple settings and with ever changing program needs.
7. Answers telephone as needed and provides timely, appropriate assessment and determines next steps in support for clients with behavioral health needs.
8. Assists designated triage workers on an as needed basis.
9. Meets productivity standards as defined by estimated delivery of services (productivity is continuously assessed by program management).
10. Attend meetings and other team processes as required. Participate in, or complete special program assignments as assigned.
11. Complete timely and accurate documentation/assessments.
12. Provides assistance to colleagues in order to optimize the delivery of services to the client population.
13. Assists in ensuring the facility is clean and in good repair.
14. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
15. Other related duties as assigned.
Youth Clinical Duties (when applicable):
1. Provides psycho-social assessments to youth and families in crisis situations due to an emotional, behavioral or mental health problem taking into consideration behavior management, risk, family strengths and need, current research findings, the importance of individual and cultural differences that influence child and caregiver.
2. Provides crisis intervention services and solution focused treatment to families until follow-up services can be obtained for youth and their families.
3. Functions as a member of a community based Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention Team in diagnostic formulation and implementation of stabilization services, short term crisis, immediate treatment techniques, and safety plan development for youth and families.
4. Coordinates services of mobile crisis team with community agencies, police, child welfare, juvenile justice, schools, etc. to identify and obtain interagency resources for youth and families in crisis.
5. Serves as consultant to and provide liaison services with Case Managers, ICC and other staff in CBHI service network.
6. Responds to emergency phone calls and provide crisis interventions to help alleviate a mental health crisis and provide information about and help coordinate additional resources for families.
7. Arranges transportation or transport if necessary children needing CSU placement.
8. Implements appropriate interventions that can assist in stabilizing the situation and offer support to the youth and parent/guardian/caregiver in accordance with current professional standards and utilizing wraparound principles.
9. Delivers services that are consultative and collaborative valuing shared decision making.
10. Provides consultation to child and family care planning teams and other agencies relative to the evaluation and treatment of youth in crisis and works collaboratively with hospitals, courts, and insurance companies when indicated.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate must be one of the following; LICSW, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, Licensed Psychologist, Master's Level Counselor, or psychiatric nurse (RN).
The individual must have experience and training in emergency psychiatric services working with adults, youth and their families, including training in de-escalation strategies and emergency services system of care.
A qualified candidate must achieve effective outcomes and demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills.
A working knowledge of computers and ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
All qualified candidates must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and reliable vehicle. Travel and an ability to meet persons served in a variety of outreach settings is required.
* Sign on bonus prorated for part time
Full time 40 hours per week