Search Our Jobs
Manager Research FinanceJob ID 149644 Date posted 08/14/2018
1) Oversees preparation, maintenance and monitoring of budgets relating to each active clinical trial and / or research grant.
2) Reviews clinical research protocols for resource requirements and financial negotiation.
3) Approves clinical research budgets as a pre-requisite for contractual agreement execution.
4) Ensures the development, maintenance and publishing of monthly reports summarizing the performance of each clinical trial and / or research grant.
5) Serve as a resource to the users of budget information in explaining its meaning, its derivation and obtaining further information.
6) Provides data analyses and designs ad hoc reporting as requested by the Director of Research Administration, Financial Management, Operational Management and Physicians.
7) Supervises the recording and analysis of enrollment and / or performance activity of each clinical trial and / or research grant to determine amounts, types and timing in the recognition or projection of revenue.
8) Oversees financial analysis of device trials. Leads in the preparation of Investigational Device Exemption Requests as required by Medicare for billing approval and consults with hospital administration for approval on billing issues when necessary.
9) Ensures timely invoicing to corporate sponsors for administrative fees and protocol milestone payments.
10) Oversees reconciliation and deposit of check payments from corporate sponsors to respective PeopleSoft accounts.
11) Understands interaction of Medicare regulations and / or third-party insurance to develop clinical trial budgets.
12) Understands and keeps current with Medicare regulations as applicable to clinical trials.
13) Orients and trains Physicians and Study Coordinators on Research patient billing requirements for EPIC and any other LCMC systems.
14) Ensures the reconciliation of Research patient billing to approved clinical trial budgets with the assistance of patient tracking tools.
15) Oversees the submission of Research billing invoices to Accounting for payment of approved professional and hospital charges and posting of payments to the respective PeopleSoft accounts.
16) Ensures the review of all Research billing on a timely basis for accuracy. Responsible for follow-up with the appropriate Lahey colleague in the event that any Research billing is incorrect, and oversees coordination with Patient Financial Services in processing corrections and / or adjustments.
17) Review all Research billing and budget information for significant variances and informs the Director in a timely manner.
18) Provide training, personal and telephone support as a high level end user to all colleagues related to the utilization of the Research billing policies and procedures.
19) Resource to Research colleagues on research related and administrative issues. Advises principal investigators, study coordinators and staff in the compliance of clinical, regulatory and fiscal conduct of all projects.
20) Serve as liaison with Admissions, Patient Financial Services, and the Lahey Audit and Compliance office on issues involving clinical research on patients and third party insurers.
21) Attend meetings as a representative of Research Administration as requested.
22) Participate on quality improvement committees as a representative of Research Administration as requested.
23) Provide grant support to investigators in the form of coordination, advising, and submission
24) Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
25) Maintain the confidentiality of department, clinic and patient information.
26) This position may have ongoing or periodic duties or responsibilities in addition to those described in this position description.
1. Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
2. Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
3. Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Usage of personal computers, effective demonstration of verbal and written communication, competency in Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to monitor several projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently. Must be familiar and up to date with Medicare billing compliance policies as well as government regulations regarding grants and A133 compliance.
4. Experience: Minimum 5-7 years experience in Health Care Finance or Cost Accounting. Experience in budgeting required. Supervisory experience preferred.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.