Search Our Jobs
Medical Assistant Medical Weight Loss CenterJob ID 149385 Date posted 08/10/2018
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director(s) of the Center for Medical and Surgical Weight Loss, and in collaboration with the Associate Chief Nursing Officer at Lahey North, coordinates services for the Referring physician(s), client(s) and Corporate Wellness coordinator seeking access and/or information pertaining to the program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Monitors and services client intake into the medical weight loss program.
2) Coordinates and monitors attendance at Lahey group education programs.
3) Coordinates scheduling of visits, insurance authorization, travel between facility locations.
4) Monitors fee for service accounts.
5) Coordinates activities of team consultants; Dietician, Behavioral and Physical therapy.
6) Interacts with major referral providers to develop and maintain preferred relationships through day to day customer service and sales, including regional and international providers.
7) Interacts with major employer benefit managers around employee health education, health benefit decisions and open enrollment activities.
8) Works with managed care organizations to coordinate joint direct marketing programs through health fairs, special events and member forums.
9) Develops and maintains database to track physician referrals, including regional and international patients.
10) Will rotate between the Peabody and Burlington facility to meet the weekly needs of the physician schedule.
11) Attends dinners, health fairs, and/or physician presentations, distributing Lahey materials, answering questions and addressing customer service issues as necessary.
12) Assists in the development of marketing plans, including assisting with mapping and compiling data from surveys and other sources.
13) Support the Director of Business Development in Affiliated Medical Practices service.
14) Monitors equipment as assigned, notifies appropriate maintenance staff as necessary.
15) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
16) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies with emphasis on preserving patient confidentiality according to Lahey and HIPAA guidelines.
16) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
17) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information is required. Experience with PC applications. Demonstrated customer service orientation while interacting with patients, referring physicians and other referral relationships. Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills in day to day interactions with colleagues. Demonstrated verbal communication skills in small group settings and in presentations. Demonstrated business writing and documentation skills. Demonstrated an ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations.
Experience Three years of office administrative experience in a fast-paced, high-volume health care setting that includes secretarial and general clerical duties.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.