Search Our Jobs
Grant Funded Research Associate Per DiemJob ID 149587 Date posted 08/09/2018
Position Summary: Working in the Department of Translational Research, independently performs laboratory experiments with a primary focus on biomarker discovery. The scope of this role includes participation in research study design, method development, troubleshooting technical issues in the lab, training of laboratory staff, and implementation of new laboratory techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs a variety of cell and molecular biology laboratory experiments: significant experience with RNA/DNA isolation, qRT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western blot analysis, cell line maintenance and cell based assays, and immunohistochemistry
2) Evaluates research data and initiatives alternative approaches to improve quality of results. Documents results in laboratory notebooks and databases. Record results, organize and collate data (Microsoft Excel), and perform basic statistical analyses.
3) Monitors daily research activities including quality control and safety.
4) Assists in the compilation of information and statistics for grant applications.
5) Conduct procedures based on methods either published or routinely used. The decision to change protocols will be appropriately recorded and discussed with Director. The decision to adopt such changes will be made in consultation.
6) Establish link with other departments with whom cross-disciplinary research could be developed.
7) Continue to build the project's links with industrial, commercial and other academic partners outside the Institution.
8) Participate in the formulation of the Laboratory's scientific program and budget, ensuring the effective operation of his/her projects within the limitations of the approved budget.
9) Guidance and instruction to other members of the scientific and technical staff who may be assigned to him/her.
10) Participates in reporting research results.
11) Performs, develop and troubleshoot processes of biomolecules and biomolecular assay methodologies following established protocols
12) Other duties as assigned by the Director.
13) Ensures laboratory is in state of readiness for any and all inspections.
14) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
15) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
16) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
17) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
18) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
19) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
20) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
21) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
22) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Minimum Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to function under pressure and without supervision. Ability to determine and implement priorities Word processing/personal computer/database management skills
Knowledge of assessing techniques and reporting. Extensive knowledge of data gathering, analysis, and interpretation approaches. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and staff at all levels. Ability to manage time and resources. Knowledge of mathematics sufficient to perform the required calculations for computation of results and for preparation of appropriate cell suspensions and solutions.
Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in biology or related field
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong organizational and communication skill, ability to function independently and to devise creative ways of obtaining information, knowledge of medical terminology and medical practice, ability to interact with professional personnel at all levels, knowledge of computer databases and knowledge of computer word processing systems. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of relevant molecular biology lab experience or a Master's Degree with at least 3 years of relevant molecular biology lab experience
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.