Search Our Jobs
ECMS DeveloperJob ID 149560 Date posted 08/21/2018
With project-focused supervision from the department manager, the colleague functions as an applications development engineer to facilitate optimal use of the organization?s enterprise content management systems. As a senior resource for the team in this technical domain, key responsibilities include the architectural and technical design, source code development, QA leadership, and technical document preparation for delivery of specified software projects.
These software projects require a focus on document extraction, transformation, and retention activities for patient health, financial, business, and legal records maintained on implementations of the OpenText Documentum and InfoArchive products. Applications development knowledge and experience with these products, or similar ones from other vendors, is a key qualification.
The colleague will provide broad expertise with enterprise server application development utilizing Java ecosystem, REST, HTML, XML, SQL, and PDF technologies hosted on Windows Server, Windows IIS, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and Linux platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Architectural design of software applications to meet operational, business continuity, and service level requirements ;
- Technical design of data models including object schemas, relational data models, service interfaces, and user application integration;
- Software library and application code design to optimally meet specified architectural requirements;
- Source code implementation of application designs in a structured approach that meet specified functional, technical, and quality requirements;
- Creation and maintenance of technical design, implementation, and support documentation;
- Adherence to source code repository utilization providing for software code revision and recoverability;
- Proactive investigation and resolution of identified QA and operational deficiencies;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and respected relationships with supporting IT operational and applications groups to ensure optimum quality and service levels;
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with multiple product vendors to facilitate, technical implementations, product support, and version upgrade coordination;
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues participating in on-call and critical event activities;
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy;
- Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities;
- Complies with all Lahey Health Policies;
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health;
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment;
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards;
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities;
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education;
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department;
Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Skilled in the principles and practices of enterprise application architecture and design including operating concepts associated with client/server, web-based and service-oriented application implementations. Knowledge and experience with object-oriented application development including the utilization of Java, SQL, and other supporting technologies. Knowledge and experience with workflow-oriented application architectures and their associated operational implementation requirements. Must be detail-oriented, have proven analysis and problem-solving abilities, have excellent interpersonal and technical writing skills, and show a professional demeanor and ability to work with others having wide-ranging expertise levels.
Ten or more years proven experience with software design, development, and technical support of enterprise applications in Java ecosystem environments. Direct experience with document management systems is highly desirable.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.