Search Our Jobs
Manager, Revenue CycleJob ID 149517 Date posted 08/03/2018
Under the managerial oversight of the Senior Manager, Appeals and where responsibilities are performed independently within established department policies and procedures, this position is responsible for managing the activities of the Revenue Cycle Analysts-Liaison Team. Assists in planning, managing, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to Lahey Health Revenue Cycle activities and all training and education activities as they pertain to system-wide quality, improvements, and revenue cycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing assigned staff within assigned area.
- Sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results, and manages the overall revenue cycle meeting activities that support the Service Line Areas.
- Provide integrated focus and direction to assigned staff based upon the assignment of clearly defined tasks, due dates and deliverable / outcome expectations
- Define staff performance expectations and provide consistent, ongoing feedback
- Manages and mentors assigned staff. Helps to develop assigned staff and resources to ensure optimal performance and service delivery excellence.
- Manages internal staff auditing and production. Supports the Senior Manager, Appeals in preparing monthly audit, production, and work quality reporting.
- Collaborate with Directors, Managers, and Key Stakeholders to create a working environment that ensures success at all levels across PFS
- Manages complex projects related to AR initiatives, provides support for projects in which senior managers and directors are involved
- Identify opportunities to optimize workflow processes across PFS for operational workflow development and implementation
- Assists in developing new workflows and department strategies for new technology, changing payer and regulatory environments
- Assist in the development of coding, billing and documentation training and educational materials and perform the training throughout PFS, as necessary
- Responsible for assisting in the following aspects related to human resources:
- assists in keeping job descriptions and standards of performance up to date
- provides guidance for colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and education, including re-training as necessary
- evaluation of work performance and recommendations of merit or other increases/decreases in compensation
- provides direction in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff
- Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
Education: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None Required
Experience: 5+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in Revenue Cycle environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree; three (3) years of managerial/supervisory experience in Hospital and/or Professional billing or related revenue cycle field. Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a hospital and/or large multi-specialty academic group practice. Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships. Excellent problem identification, analytical, and solving skills. Excellent ability to mentor.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.