Search Our Jobs
Performance Improvement AnalystJob ID 149523 Date posted 08/14/2018
Beverly Hospital, A member of Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
Performance Improvement Analyst/Decision Support Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing data, dashboards and data display for all metrics used within the Performance Improvement Program/Plan. In addition, the coordinator is responsible for data management of medical staff department and physician specific data that supports Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) and medical department performance improvement initiatives. The coordinator is responsible for the integrity of data and seeking out assistance and solutions if the information is not as expected or trends or issues arise. The Decision Support Coordinator collaborates with each of the Performance Improvement leads and other organization leaders to assure data integrity, effective data retrieval systems, and appropriate strategies for data presentation, display and communication. As data coordinator for the PI department is responsible for the design, management, presentation and integrity of data collection, data analysis and data interpretation related to the portfolios of work within the Performance Improvement Department, including but not limited to patient safety and regulatory compliance, infection prevention and control, core measures and other externally reported metrics, patient satisfaction and physician and medical staff performance improvement (OPPE). The coordinator will support the data display and analysis of quality monitoring and hospital approved performance improvement initiatives and teams. The coordinator is responsible for obtaining data, hospital reports and benchmark rate reports from internal applications (Meditech, Avega, Picis etc.) and numerous external applications such as QNET/QIP, Press Ganey, the Maryland Indicator Project, MassHealth, LeapFrog, AHRQ, and Pay for Performance Projects, etc. The coordinator creates dashboards and control charts for quality projects accurately and timely, in order to display key performance measures and track progress toward goals. As decision support coordinator assists PI leadership with data aggregation and submission for various initiatives and reporting requirements including but not limited to: The Joint Commission, Blue Distinction, NSQIP and LEAPFROG.
1. Bachelors degree in an analytic field (business, statistics, mathematics, etc. Masters Degree in business, public health, behavioral science or related field preferred.
2. Minimum of two years experience in quality/data management in a clinical health care environment with increasing responsibility.
3. Proficient in Windows-based operating software and systems that include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint.
4. Experience in application management and project management.
5. Strong analytical skills, including data entry, manipulation, display, management and development of control charts, and data analysis required.
6. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills required.
7. Knowledge of patient quality, safety and satisfaction performance measures and indicators, data definitions and sources and relevant national databases and benchmarks; knowledge of healthcare quality, safety and satisfaction data design, collection, aggregation and summarization; and expert knowledge of performance improvement models, methods and systems required.
8. Ability to work under minimal supervision, ability to adapt quickly to changes within the work environment required.
9. Must be a team player and have proven success applying a team approach and ability to work in conjunction with nurse managers, nurse directors, and staff in a supportive way to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Is able to address difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
10. Demonstrates the ability to use critical thinking and problem solving to promote and implement solutions.
CPHQ recommended but not required.
40 hours per week