Search Our Jobs
Manager, Revenue Business OperationsJob ID 149498 Date posted 08/08/2018
Under the managerial oversight of the Department Director, and where responsibilities are performed independently within established department policies and procedures, this position is responsible for managing the activities of PFS Supervisors, Billing Specialists and Revenue Support Analysts. Assists in planning, directing, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to Lahey Health Revenue Cycle activities and all training and education activities as they pertain to system-wide quality, improvements, and revenue cycle/systems workflow initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1: Under the managerial oversight of the department director, plans, sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results and manages the overall AR and staffing responsibilities of the department. Responsible for managing the following aspects related to training, AR analysis and Epic system functionality:
- Actively participates and contributes to all revenue cycle operational workflow decisions and assists in development of new training curriculum and course material updates. Responsible for helping in the planning, designing and implementing all training aspects involved with revenue cycle operations
- Reports trends and provides ad-hoc training sessions to troubleshoot revenue cycle issues and offer guidance on revenue cycle workqueue assignments, build and testing.
- Hosts weekly WebEx presentations to provide operational billing support and analysis for clinical department administrators and managers
- Handles and completes Remedy tickets for a variety of revenue cycle related inquiries
- Provides ancillary support for revenue cycle Epic applications and serves as a liaison between revenue cycle and IT to include but not limited to ticket resolution, Epic system enhancements, upgrades and testing.
2: Supports the Manager of Operations and Quality to ensure that policies and procedures are up to date and followed and that government, commercial and private insurers as well as patients are billed accurately and in accordance with government rules and guidelines.
3: Manages payor issues and reporting and follow through of issue resolution of Lahey assigned payor provider representatives.
4: Responsible for staff selection and hiring. Personally interviews and selects new hires.
5: Provides direction in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff, technical team members & project managers, auditing team.
6: Manages internal staff auditing and production
7: Manages and/or mentors AR Supervisors, Billing Specialists and Revenue Support Analysts. Manages all training and education efforts of the department.
8: Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Lahey clinical departments and administrative leadership.
9: Assists the director in developing new workflows and department strategies for new technology, changing payer and regulatory environments.
10: Responsible for managing the following aspects related to human resources:
- assists director in keeping job descriptions and standards of performance up to date
- provides colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and education, including re-training as necessary
- interviewing and recommending final candidates for hire, promotion and transfer
- within departmental guidelines, determine colleague work schedules and the reporting of work hours
- evaluation of colleague work performance and recommendations of merit or other increases/decreases in compensation
11: Administers and coordinates with department director and human resources all progressive discipline actions including recommendations for discharge
12: Under the managerial oversight of the Department Director, this position is responsible for goal setting, planning, and monitoring performance results, reporting of key performance indicators, problem solving, ensuring employee competency, productivity and quality of work division wide.
13: Responsible for coordinating and managing electronic and manual transactions involved in the various aspects of the revenue cycle and supporting computer system(s). This includes management of quality levels, timeliness in the performance of transactions, the resolution of edits and control of backlogs.
14: Supports the Manager of Operations and Quality in preparing weekly and month end revenue, audit and production reporting.
15: As requested by director, provides data and information to determine cost and adherence to annual budgets.
16:Continually strives for process improvement and efficiency.
17: Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
Education: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Licensure, Certification & Registration: Epic Revenue Cycle Certification: Resolute Professional Billing Admin Required.
5+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in a revenue cycle environment. Experience with adult education, curriculum delivery, and operational experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
The knowledge and abilitities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree; three (3) years of managerial/supervisory experience in the revenue cycle field. Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a large multi-specialty academic group practice. Epic certifiation in revenue cycle and Epic revenue cycle badges. Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships. Excellent problem identification and solving skills.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.