Search Our Jobs
Sleep Technician 30hrs Nights - Join our excellent team!Job ID 149458 Date posted 08/03/2018
Under general supervision, performs routine and complex procedures to obtain data for use in the diagnosis of clinical disorders of the nervous system in at two of the following fields of technical Neurophysiology: Electroencephalograph, Evoked Potentials, or Epilepsy and Sleep.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Operates electroencephalograph and evoked potential equipment to record patient?s brain waves and nervous system response to provide quantitative and objective measures of sensor function.
2) Operates stimulating equipment safely to include a click stimulator, pattern reversal stimulator and somatosensory stimulator (electrical stimulation) for study of various sensory modalities.
3) Analyzes waveforms during testing to detect evidence of brain disorders and sensory dysfunction; plots and labels graphs with identifying information; scores overnight polysomnograms; reviews EEG records, retaining representative portions for microfilming.
4) Schedules patients for electroencephalographic, evoked potential and sleep tests; interviews patients to obtain required medical information; explains procedures, allays fear and elicits cooperation.
5) Records medical history, medications used, test results and identification information o patient?s medical records for review and evaluation by physicians; collects and compiles medical information for use in research project(s).
6) Participates in the collection of normative data designed to refine databases of existing procedures.
7) Assists in the cross training of clinical neurophysiology laboratory staff.
8) Cleans, adjusts and performs routine maintenance and repair on electroencephalograph, evoked potential and video monitoring equipment to ensure proper functioning.
9) Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment; reorders as required.
10) Maintains liaison with referring physicians to resolve problems and to advise concerning laboratory procedures, techniques and equipment.
11) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
12) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
17) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires education generally acquired through an associates degree in a field of biological or physiological sciences or equivalent experience in a biological or psychological field.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: National Board Registration in one or more of three areas: EEG, Evoked Potential, Polysomnography.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Requires one year of experience in biological or psychological fields related to the diagnosis of clinical disorders of the nervous system.
NGT. Wednesday-Friday 10hr shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.