Search Our Jobs
Patient RegistrarJob ID 18-784 Date posted 08/18/2018
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital's mission by welcoming and registering patients in an efficient and empathetic manner. This administrative/customer service staff position may be the first face of the organization when a patient visits and can have a dramatic impact on making individuals feel welcomed and ease their anxiety by starting their hospital visit professionally. In addition this position impacts patient safety and clinical care by ensuring the patient identifiers are correct and on reimbursement by collecting accurate insurance information and co-pays.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Some clerical experience or experience in a healthcare setting.
• 1 year of completed college may be considered in lieu of relevant experience.
• 1 year of admitting or billing
- Ensures that all information necessary for proper financial reimbursement for high dollar surgical and inpatient care is analyzed and submitted to insurance companies for prior approval.
- Collaborates with insurance companies, doctors offices, and patients to proactively validate benefits, eligibility and authorization requirements, all while maintaining a positive patient experience.
- Able to work in a team environment to provide coverage as well as the ability to work in a fast paced multi tasking environment where some independent decision making is necessary
- Minimum of two years prior experience in a health care setting requiring knowledge of insurance coverage, reimbursement and/or medical terminology
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
- Strong customer service/relations skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision