Search Our Jobs
Help Desk Specialist IIJob ID 149452 Date posted 07/28/2018
- Provides technical support for desktop, departmental, and mainframe hardware and software computing issues.
- Escalates problem incidents and assigns inquiries to management and/or other teams as appropriate. Provides clear and complete descriptive information regarding the nature of the problem.
- Provides ongoing training and direction to first level support staffing with attention to triage/communication improvements.
- Monitors trends to identify any major system problems and uses professional judgement combined with established protocols to set priorities. Provides a comprehensive assessment to all Information Technology teams to prevent system outages and/or to facilitate problem resolution.
- Assigns, maintains, configures and monitors user and work group accounts on all applicable platforms. Ensures completeness and accuracy of information, and confirms appropriate authorization.
- Responsible for computer system sign-on access privileges including account creation, activation, maintenance, and deletion
- Resolves problems with account access privileges on request.
- Communicates Information Technology policies to the user community, including, but not limited to, access, procurement, installation, and support.
- Communicates with users to ascertain that requests/problems are resolved and that users are satisfied with the resolution. Initiates and follows up on any additional required action.
- Conducts informational/educational sessions for user community both in group and individual sessions.
- Contributes to the development of Help Desk standards, procedures, and policies. Contributes to the design and implementation of all Help Desk systems to provide a high quality, responsive service that facilitates problem reporting and resolution.
- Effectively markets Information Technology by developing and maintaining positive working relationships with physicians, department managers, support staff, and department colleagues.
- Maintains state-of-the-art technical knowledge to support an increasing inventory of desktop, departmental, and mainframe software and hardware products.
- Actively participates in team meetings, bringing forward challenges and offering solutions for the users' working environment.
- Contributes to strategic and tactical planning of Help Desk services.
- Contributes to publications regarding User Services.
- Develops and maintains departmental software including table maintenance and knowledge bases.
- Carries pager during scheduled work hours and responds to pages in a timely fashion.
- Works independently, reporting to the Help Desk Team Leader and the Associate Director on a regular basis.
- Works a flexible schedule when necessary
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Comply with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure, Certification & Registration: N/A
Experience: A minimum of four years of direct Help Desk experience providing successful technical support services in a multi-platform, medium to large scale computing environment.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of and hands-on experience with workstation operating systems, applications, hardware and systems integration.
- Proven customer service, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments on a daily basis and manage time appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of infrastructure (Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Peoplesoft) and other hospital applications.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.