Search Our Jobs
VP Infrastructure & OperationsJob ID 149394 Date posted 07/25/2018
This leadership role is accountable for the totality of IT infrastructure and operations (I&O) in the enterprise. The head of I&O is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support all business process across the enterprise. This individual will have solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skill, and a service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations.
This individual is also responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved. As a member of the IT senior leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy, and ensures its alignment with the enterprise's business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Sets the mission and vision of the I&O organization to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
2. Leads the development of the I&O strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
3. Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources.
4. Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
5. Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for I&O to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
6. Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
7. Champions I&O involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
8. Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
9. Directs the development of I&O sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
10. Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop an I&O "people strategy" that aligns with the business and IT strategy. Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the I&O workforce.
11. Forecasts future skill needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
12. Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure I&O delivers value to the enterprise.
13. Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the I&O leadership team and staff.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field, and/ or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required.
- Requires 15 or more years of relevant technical and business operations experience.
- Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities.
- Preferably five or more years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
-Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development.
-Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.