Search Our Jobs
Research Rev & Bill Specialist 40hrs (Temporary)Job ID 149389 Date posted 07/25/2018
Reporting to the Director of Research Administration, the Research Revenue and Billing Specialist (RRBS) will be responsible for all aspects of clinical trial revenue and patient billing. The RRBS will work with physicians and study staff to generate billing calendars for each clinical trial and will be responsible for all charge review as patient care charges route through the patient billing system. The RRBS will address queries from Patient Financial Services, research sponsors, and other sources and monitor and log all payments received ensuring that study accounts are kept up to date.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Science preferred but not required
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- 2 years experience working in a healthcare billing/reimbursement related position.
- 2 years experience working with hospital or professional coding.
- Clinical trial experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with EPIC preferred, but not required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of medical/hospital billing practices, billing software, health care insurance, and CMS regulations including research regulations
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding principles.
- Thoroughly proficient in data entry using a pc and a variety of electronic systems, including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions, and make sound recommendations.
- Capacity to analyze and think creatively and weigh alternatives.
- Ability to deal with conflict successfully and attain resolution
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates skills with multitasking
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of shifting priorities/workflow.
DAYS. Monday-Friday 8 hours. flexible
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.