Search Our Jobs
Housekeeper I 40hrs Evenings 3pm-11:30pmJob ID 149372 Date posted 07/25/2018
Under supervision of the department supervisor and/or lead person, the Service Associate helps maintain a healthy and safe environment throughout the facility by performing a variety of cleaning and related functions in both patient care and non-patient care areas. These duties may be regularly scheduled, or may be required on an emergency basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs scheduled daily cleaning of patient rooms: Empties and relines waste receptacles, paying particular attention to the safe and proper handling of hazardous waste; makes beds when unoccupied; checks bed functioning and notifies maintenance when repairs are needed; high dusts; dry and wet mops; disinfects floors; damp wipes and spot cleans surfaces with disinfectants; cleans and disinfects bathroom commodes and other fixtures; cleans IV poles; and performs self-inspections.
2) Cleans rooms of discharged patients as a priority when assigned to help ensure the timely turnover of hospital beds. Prepares rooms for admission, paying particular attention to cleaning IV poles and blood pressure cuffs, verifying that the room telephone is in working order, and ensuring that the suction canister and oxygen flow meters are in place, and the glove box is stocked.
3) Uses a pager and telephone to receive and record the successful completion of cleaning assignments in a Bed Tracking System. Communicates with the Environmental Services Supervisor when problems arise that prevent the timely completion of cleaning assignments.
4) Interacts with patients and visitors in a welcoming and supportive manner and provides assistance when necessary.
5) Works collaboratively with nursing staff and other colleagues as a member of the patient care team.
6) Cleans patient care and non-patient care areas of the facility as needed and directed by the supervisor or lead person.
7) Responds promptly to requests from appropriate personnel for emergency cleaning services.
8) Delivers clean and soiled linen as assigned.
9) Maintains the housekeeping cart and cleaning supplies in accordance with departmental and safety guidelines.
10) As directed, trains new colleagues on cleaning techniques including safe and appropriate use of tools and cleaning agents
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
11) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
12) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
13) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
14) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
15) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
16) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
17) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
18) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Not required
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: English language skills that allow for: effective patient service; coordination with other members of the patient care team; and two-way communciation regarding cleaning assignments, training on established precedures, policies and organizational standards, and the safe use of cleaning agents and equipment.
Experience: Not required
EVE. 8 hour shifts 3pm-11:30pm Monday-Friday with every other weekend
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.