Search Our Jobs
Diet Office Clerk Per Diem - College Students Apply Now!Job ID 149362 Date posted 08/04/2018
Under the supervision of the Patient Services Manager, performs a variety of tasks associated with ensuring that the patients receive meals and nourishment in accordance with the physician diet order. Supports the activities of the Registered Dietitian through careful coordination and execution of tasks such as calorie count, nourishment set up and provision of appetite and intake. Functions as a member of the Clinical Nutrition and patient services team and maintains a positive relationship with all department members, allied health care team members, patients, and families.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of coursework in Nutrition Science or Nutrition Education; or equivalent to include a minimum of two (2) years of hospital or nursing home food service.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficient in basic 4-function math.
- Demonstrates proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
- Demonstrates proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Requires the ability to move within and between patient care units and food preparation areas.
- Requires vision/color and manual dexterity for checking patient menus entering data into computer, identifying special diets and codes by color, and manipulating menus and paperwork.
- Knowledge of relevant precautions for applicable infectious disease.
- Telephone skills / Customer service skills
- In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational requirements.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year hospital or nursing home food service is required.
PER DIEM. Fridays and every other weekend.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.