Search Our Jobs
Psychiatry Clinical Social Worker 40hrs DaysJob ID 149390 Date posted 08/15/2018
Under the direction of the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry, Administrative Director and supervising psychiatrists, provides professional psychiatric social work services to acute and chronically ill patients that require mental health and addiction treatment services in an ambulatory setting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Comply with NASW code of Ethics and Standards (on file in the department).
2) Provides sound clinical interventions (individual, couple, family and group therapies) as indicated.
- Conducts thorough assessments.
- Provides appropriate clinical interventions.
- Involves patients and families in the treatment process as indicated.
- Provides comprehensive documentation of interventions.
- Communicates pertinent Clinical data to other providers as indicated.
3) Devises and implements treatment plans which include interventions to meet the psychosocial needs of the patient/family.
- Designs an appropriate treatment plan that meets the needs of the patient/family based on a thorough assessment of the patient/family and in compliance with NASW standards.
4) Makes appropriate referrals within Psychiatry.
- Identifies specific patient needs, and refers patient/family to appropriate available resources.
5) Collaborates with other clinical staff.
- Works cooperatively with all levels of personnel in the department.
- Consults with other clinical staff on case management issues.
6) Conduct thorough and accurate diagnostic assessments in compliance with NASW standards.
- Ensures that assessments are accurate and complete:
identify psychosocial needs of the patient,
include the patient's chief complaint
medical and psychiatric /substance abuse history,
medication history and social/vocational history
7) Participate in clinical training and administrative functions as needed
- Actively participate in departmental case conferences
- Present cases as requested.
- Assist with new clinician orientation.
- Participate in administrative functions as defined by the department administration.
8) Maintain confidentiality and manage patient information in strict conformance with clinic policy.
9) Provide emergency psychiatric interventions for all clinical sites of care.
- Respond to requests for emergency evaluations in a timely way.
- Provide thorough assessments for emergency consultations.
- Make sound clinical decisions about disposition of cases.
Appropriately use back-up system for consultation and to develop treatment plans.
10) Participate in Hospital and Departmental committees.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and or Utilization Review committees as assigned.
- Actively participate in child/adult treatment team meetings.
- Willingly participate in special projects as defined by the department administration.
11) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
12) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
13) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
14) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
15) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
16) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
17) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
18) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
19) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Master's of Social Work.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Currently licensed as an LICSW by the Massachusetts Board of Licensure for Social Work.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Skilled in the areas of psychiatric assessment, treatment and coordination of care. Able to provide a variety of treatment modalities; including individual, couples, group and family therapy. Utilizes a thoeretical base of knowledge to assess, diagnose, formulate interventions and evaluate clinical outcomes.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in an inpatient or ambulatory psychiatric and/or addiction treatment setting.
Days. Monday-Friday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.