Search Our Jobs
Administrative Assistant - Infectious DiseaseJob ID 149349 Date posted 07/24/2018
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Director in a non-clinical department, performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the mission and goals of the department. Is routinely exposed to and works with highly confidential departmental, budgetary, strategic, and staff information. Exercises independent judgment and decision making within the scope of the job. Possesses and applies above average proficiency and facility in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and creation/editing of presentations. Serves as the primary point of contact and liaison for the Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) General Office Functions
- Functions as a point of contact for the Director with other departments and external constituencies for a variety of matters.
- Prioritizes and follows through on all calls to the point of resolution. Receives and relays information in accordance with established guidelines.
- Responds to questions in accordance with department guidelines, exercising independent judgment within the scope of the job.
- Provides administrative support for meetings and special projects as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains efficient and effective office systems.
- Maintains the internal and external professional schedule(s) of the Director.
- Accompanies and provides administrative support to the Director at a variety of meetings.
- In accordance with organizational guidelines, prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, travel reimbursements, petty cash slips, invoices, and the like. Acts a resource to others in the department for the same, providing instruction in proper completion and submission of required documents.
- As directed by the Director, may gather departmental data and create, format, and compile reports.
- Sets up and maintains electronic and paper files to meet department and Director needs.
- Completes special assignments and supports Clinic-wide initiatives at the discretion of the Director.
2) Access & Scheduling:
- Screens all incoming phone calls, inquiries, visitors and correspondence, and routes accordingly.
- Maintains and adjusts the internal and external professional schedules of the Director.
- Alerts the Director to changes in schedule, and plans ahead for contingencies.
- Coordinates meetings as required, including securing meeting space, notifying attendees, arranging for audio-visual resources, preparation and production of materials, and tracking attendance.
- Makes travel and lodging arrangements for the Director.
3) Confidential Information:
- On a need to know basis has routine exposure and access to highly confidential information related to departmental budget, strategic plans, and confidential staff information.
- Processes paperwork and maintains staff files that may include payroll data, time away, performance ratings, and documented disciplinary action.
4) Correspondence/Word Processing:
- Composes, edits, and proof reads a variety of correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and forms.
- Effectively utilizes presentation software to assist Director with creation and editing of presentations.
- Monitors and maintains all relevant rosters and department lists.
- Assists Director with relevant aspects of the departmental Budget as directed.
6) Resource to Administrative Staff:
- Acts as a resource to other administrative staff.
- Assists with facilitation and coordination of certain required activities such as new hire department orientation, annual mandatory education retraining; compliance, and data entry for performance appraisal and competence assessment.
- Coordinates registration, invoicing, and travel for approved off-site training and events attended by department staff..
7) Organizational Requirements:
- Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Clinic Confidentiality Policy.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized training in office software and systems.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- High degree of proficiency in use of pc office software for word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, e-mail, slide presentations and dictaphone.
- Exceptional time management, organizationial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, judgment and decision making as it relates to the scope of the job.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the whole organization, including it?s parts and their relationship to the whole
- Possesses a working knowledge of committee structure, divisional and departmental structures, and
- In the absence of certain of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet any of these organizational standards.
Experience: 2+ years experience as Administrative Assistant to a leadership role (manager, director, etc).
DAYS. Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.