Search Our Jobs
Genetic Counselor 30hrs DaysJob ID 149338 Date posted 07/24/2018
Lahey's Cancer Institute is seeking a full time genetic counselor to see patients and families in our Peabody and Danvers locations. This individual will join a team of genetic counselors, physicians, and other healthcare providers dedicated to growing the cancer genetics program and providing excellent patient care within a multidisciplinary setting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide genetic counseling and education to patients and their families with known or suspected hereditary cancer syndromes. This includes case preparation, contracting, review of medical and family histories, pedigree creation, risk assessment, education on related hereditary cancer syndromes and their inheritance, genetic testing options and possible outcomes, communication of test results, psychosocial support, and record documentation.
2. Coordinate genetic testing and serve as a liaison with patients and laboratories regarding insurance issues surrounding testing.
3. Facilitate referral and coordination of medical management for high risk patients.
4. Serve as a member of Lahey?s Genetic Advisory Board and Cancer Committee.
5. Collaborate with other Lahey departments to develop programs aimed at identifying at risk patients as well as serve as a resource for departmental tumor boards.
6. Provide education and supervision for genetic counseling students from Boston University and Brandeis University.
7. Provide patient and colleague genetics education.
Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) program
State of Massachusetts License
At least 1-3 years of experience in cancer genetic counseling
The genetic counselor must have good communication skills and an ability to work well independently.
DAYS. Monday- Friday
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.