Search Our Jobs
Assistant General CounselJob ID 149346 Date posted 07/24/2018
The Assistant General Counsel will provide in-house legal services to the administration, staff, and other employees of Lahey Health System, Inc. and its numerous affiliates. The Assistant General Counsel will represent Lahey Health before courts, administrative review boards, and regulatory agencies. Lahey Health is a dynamic and growing health care organization with an academic medical center, three community hospitals, a behavioral health business, and other health care services. The Assistant General Counsel will work in the Lahey Health?s Legal Department in Burlington, Massachusetts (currently comprised of seven attorneys) and will provide advice and counsel in a variety of areas, including general health care law, privacy, health care compliance, corporate and employment law. In addition, the Assistant General Counsel will serve as a general support resource for the other attorneys in the Legal Department.
- Directly provide healthcare related legal services to clients and oversee the allocation of internal and external resources for healthcare related legal services.
- Negotiate and draft contracts and agreements including physician arrangements, vendor agreements, research and clinical trial agreements, services and supplier agreements.
- Advise clients about the impact of recent regulatory and legislative changes and guidance.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state health care law.
- Participate in committees and assist in the development of Lahey Health policies and procedures that raise health law issues.
- Support the corporate compliance program and provide legal advice related to compliance matters, including billing compliance, data privacy and security.
- Make presentations both inside and outside Lahey Health and conduct teaching sessions for medical and professional staffs and other employees regarding relevant legal issues.
- Work directly with outside counsel on issues requiring specialized legal consultation and serve as liaison with outside counsel on referred legal matters.
- Participate in the ?Attorney On-call? rotation for medical-legal emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with a lawyer with 5+ years? experience in health care law.
Required: J.D. degree from an accredited institution. Must be admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and be a member in good standing. Must have at least 5 years of experience working as a health care attorney or primarily with health care clients. Law Firm Experience Strongly Preferred.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care - right care, right time, right place - is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.